Returns Policy and Terms and Conditions of Sale Instore Only
Instore Returns Policy and Terms and Coditions of Sale, Genesis Fine Arts Ltd
Last updated July 2023
Returns Policy for instore purchases (not online or over the phone)
Should you wish to return a delivered item or an item collected at our store you may do so within 7 days. The return of such item must be in the original packaging and in a good resellable condition. The return of any item will be at the buyer’s expense and should be returned to our retail shop in Mullingar; Genesis & Mindy Brownes Interiors, Mullingar Business Park, Mullingar, Co Westmeath, Ireland, N91 V8DY. Should we have to collect any item we will charge a collection fee of €250. There is no return on bespoke, sale or discounted items.
General Terms and Conditions of Sale (instore purchases)
- Payment Terms:
- A minimum deposit of 25% is required for all non-customised furniture orders purchased in our furniture showrooms.
- A minimum deposit of 50% is required for all bespoke furniture orders purchased in our furniture showrooms.
- Payment in full is required for all floor models or orders where the goods are in stock unless a deposit is agreed.
- Payment in full is required at time of purchase, on all orders where the goods are delivered directly, to you, by the manufacturer.
- Changes to your original order are permitted within 7 days of your order. If you cancel your order within this period, your deposit will be returned in full. Your deposit will not be returned if you cancel or amend your order after this 7-day period. Any subsequent orders or amendments will require a further deposit as per term 1.
- In the unlikely event that your order is unavailable from our supplier, you will be notified by us. If a suitable alternative product cannot be agreed on, your deposit will be returned to you in full.
- Immediate delivery is required for all shop floor models and stock pieces purchased. All shop floors models purchased are sold as seen and must, therefore, be inspected by the customer prior to sale, as returns or exchanges will not be permitted.
- The lead time quoted is approximate only and given in good faith. Although Genesis Fine Arts Limited will endeavour to keep to this time frame, if goods are delayed for any reason, we cannot accept liability for consequential losses as a result.
- You will be notified by telephone and/or in writing (using the details provided to us) when your order is available. All outstanding balances must be paid within 7 days of notification of the arrival of your order to the Genesis Fine Arts Limited warehouse. If an outstanding balance has not been paid within this 7-day period, we will communicate in writing with you. Subsequent failure to pay this balance within 4 days of receiving this written request will result in you forfeiting your deposit and the re- sale of your order.
- Payment in full is required prior to delivery.
- You, the customer, are responsible for ensuring that the size and colour of the bespoke furniture you choose/order is suitable for the areaintended. Genesis Fine Arts Limited, will not be held responsible for bespoke items that do not fit, and as a result will not accept return of goods on this basis.
- We recommend that you take measurements of the item(s) you intend purchasing and check that the size(s) of the items are suitable for the designated room. This should be done prior to confirming your order. Please remember that furniture will always seem smaller in a furniture showroom. Variances in wood, marble and leather, are to be expected as no two pieces of furniture, cut from unique materials, can be identical to those that are on display.
- Storage will be facilitated free of charge for a maximum period of 14 days from initial notification of the arrival of your order to the warehouse. Free of charge storage beyond this 14-day period is not possible and a charge of €50.00 will apply for every week or part thereof until delivery has been accepted. This storage charge must be paid prior to delivery.
- If you chose to relocate your furniture to any private storage facility directly from the Genesis Fine Arts Limited warehouse, Genesis Fine Arts Limited will deliver your furniture to this location, provided the location of that storage facility is within reasonable distance/similar to the original location. However, on the arrival of your furniture to the elected facility, no further liability or relocation obligation in respect of your furniture rests with Genesis Fine Arts Limited.
- A delivery charge may have been included in your order; any such charges will have been itemised on your order form. Full details of our delivery charges are available on request. Please refer to the Furniture Buying Guide for re-delivery charges.
- Genesis Fine Arts Limited are only responsible for delivery to your entrance door. However, at your request, our delivery team may place your furniture in your room of choice. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that there is sufficient, safe and easy access for items selected to the designated area and that there is sufficient and safe access for our delivery lorry to reach the delivery address, any property damaged carrying out this request will not be the responsibility of Genesis Fine Arts Ltd. Please make sure that the area you want the furniture placed is cleared. If our delivery team does not have easy and adequate access, Genesis Fine Arts Ltd will not be responsible for delivering into the specified room. Unfortunately, we are not able to move or take away your old furniture. To make sure you are completely satisfied with your furniture the delivery team will ask you to sign for your furniture after it has been delivered.
- Genesis Fine Arts Limited can only provide a guideline as to delivery times on the delivery day booked and cannot accommodate specific delivery time requests.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure you refer to and follow the manufacturers guidelines in caring for your furniture. Additional copies of guidelines can be made available on request.
- We recommend the use of felt pads, to be put on all furniture legs, and to take extra care when moving furniture around the room to avoid unnecessary damage to floors.
- Each delivery of goods must be inspected by the customer or nominated representative to confirm receipt of goods. Any complaints in relation to goods having suffered accidental damage prior to delivery must be notified to Genesis Fine Arts Limited within 4 days.
- “Risk & Title”- the risk to the goods shall pass to the buyer upon delivery of the goods to your entrance door at the agreed address. The title of the goods shall not pass from Genesis Fine Arts Limited until the price of the goods and services ordered by the customer from Genesis Fine Arts Limited is paid in full.
- In order to complete and deliver your furniture order, we (Genesis Fine Arts Limited) may need to share your contact details with our/our suppliers appointed delivery team and technicians. You hereby agree and consent to the provision of such details (without further contact with you) to the delivery team and technicians for this purpose.
- In the event that you notify us of an issue and/ or defect with your furniture order post- delivery, we (Genesis Fine Arts Limited) may need to share your contact and delivery details with our/our suppliers appointed technicians in order for the technicians to assess, inspect, repair, remove or replace such product. You hereby agree and consent to the provision of such details (without further contact with you) to the technicians for this purpose.
- In the event that a product defect or health and safety concern is notified to us (Genesis Fine Arts Limited) in relation to the product which you have ordered/purchased, you will be notified by us as soon as is reasonably practicable. In such circumstances, you hereby agree and consent to the provision of your contact details (without further contact with you) to the product supplier and/or other necessary/ relevant third parties, strictly for the purposes of assessing, inspecting, repairing, removing or replacing such product on order to prevent injury or other damages to your health and/or prevent serious loss or damage to your property.
- Your contact details will not be provided by us (Genesis Fine Arts Limited) to the product supplier and/or other necessary relevant third parties for any other purpose (other than those expressly set out in this agreement) without your prior agreement.
- Genesis Fine Arts Limited will comply with its data controller’s obligations in respect of contact details provided and the lawful processing thereof, having regard to the obligations imposed by the Data Protection Act 1998 and 2003.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland.